- PC with Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10; or Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 (all 32-bit and 64-bit versions supported). We recommend Windows 10.
- On Windows versions prior to Windows 8, support for Excel *.xlsx files additionally requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (a free download from Microsoft).
- 2048 Mb of memory.
- 60 Mb free space on the hard disk.
- After you have downloaded MedCalc from our website, you locate the setup file medcalcsetup[32/64].msi on your hard disk and execute (double-click) it.
- When installation is complete, you start MedCalc by clicking the Start button and point to Programs, next click MedCalc.
Note: to install MedCalc you must be logged on to your computer with administrator privileges.
When you start MedCalc for the first time a dialog box appears with the following options:
- Buy now: to connect to the MedCalc web site and order a product key.
- Enter product key: to enter your user name and product key. You only have to enter your user name and product key once. The next time you start MedCalc, the program will not ask you this information again.
If you do not have a product key, you can order a MedCalc license online. If you are a registered user and you have lost your product key, use the Recover product key form. Alternatively, you can contact MedCalc software by email: [email protected], and we will email you your user name and product key.
- Free trial: you can run the program, without any feature limitations, during 15 days without registration.
At first run, MedCalc creates a folder named "MedCalc" with a subfolder "Sample files" in the "(My) Documents)" map. The "Sample files" folder contains the following MedCalc sample files:
Age-related reference interval.mc1
Bland Altman multiple observations.mc1
Bland and Altman plot.mc1
Cox regression - Gallstones.mc1
CV of duplicates.mc1
Meta-analysis - Continuous measure.mc1
Meta-analysis - Correlation.mc1
Meta-analysis - Generic.mc1
Meta-analysis - Odds ratio.mc1
Meta-analysis - Proportions.mc1
Meta-analysis - Risk ratio & difference.mc1
Meta-analysis - ROC area.mc1
Nonlinear regression - 4PL.mc1
Patients - sample data.mc1
ROC curve analysis.mc1
Weighted regression (Neter).mc1
When you upgrade the software, the sample data files may be overwritten by new versions of these files.
If you are already familiar with MedCalc, you can read about the latest changes and additions in MedCalc by clicking What's new on MedCalc's Help menu.